FBoS Release No: 33, 2016
07th July 2016
The Quarterly Construction Survey covers work carried out by all registered Private Building and Civil Works Contractors for both the private and the General Government. It provides us with a short term indicator of the sectors performance.
- Total estimated value of work put in place was $123.0 million for the March quarter of 2016.
- Total value of work put in place was up by 0.7 percent ($0.9 million) when compared to the December quarter of 2015.
- Total value of work put in place was up by 11.3 percent ($12.5 million) when compared to the March quarter of 2015.
Value of Work Done for Private Sector and General Government
From the total estimated value of $123.0 million, for work done in the March quarter of 2016:
- 56.8 percent was in the Private Sector.
- 43.2 percent was in the General Government.
Value of Work Done for New Building, Current Repairs and Maintenance and Civil Engineering
From the total estimated value of $123.0 million, for work done in the March quarter of 2016 :
- New Building and Capital Repairs accounted for 46.7 percent.
- Current Repairs and Maintenance accounted for 6.5 percent.
- Civil Engineering Works accounted for 46.8 percent.
Construction Survey for June quarter of 2016 will be released in September 2016.